Prompt: List 10 events a character could deal with in a story about an accident.
This was HARD and the ideas that I came up with are unimpressive and lack creativity. However, I recognize that there is a pattern of loss in, and a significant distance between, my writing and my personal story….
- Man takes a bus across three states to the home of organ donor from whom he received his eye.
- Author discovers that she no longer has the ability to read but is obsessed with writing everything.
- A woman awakes from a 2 year long coma as one of four personalities.
- Brain dead woman is fully conscious and watches as her family decides to take her off life-support.
- A woman attends the funeral of the person that her significant other killed during a hit and run.
- A man struggles to get to the bottom of a mountain after his wife attacks him and leaves him for dead.
- Upon uncovering that a presidential candidate’s family has been passing, a reporter blackmails the candidate who is also responsible for killing the reporter’s sister.
- A woman wins at the slot machine while awaiting the ambulance during a miscarriage.
- A man discovers his wife’s horrible secret during the reception: she was the cause of the accident that killed his first wife and his three children.
- A woman’s family turns her back on her when she awakes from surgery and discovers that she is now a different race.